Monday, January 10, 2011

Lost Hours and The Year of the Mojo

There is a part in the movie {Proof} where Anthony Hopkins and Gwyneth Paltrow start talking about how many hours, how many days she had lost. Proof is right up there with A Beautiful Mind, Good Will Hunting and Gladiator as a movie to watch when I need to be inspired.

We only live for a limited period of time. Every moment matters.

Some people, like Tim Ferriss, seem to be able to get so much more out the 24 hours we are given in a day.

Don't get me wrong. I don't suggest we run around like headless chickens trying to cram as much as possible into every day. Sometimes quite the opposite. I am sure I am right up there with other fans of sleeping in late, and lazying on the couch watching Test Match cricket.

The balance comes in getting in the good stuff, but also savouring every moment... and avoiding those lost hours. If you are sitting on the couch doing nothing and enjoying it - all good. If you are sitting on the couch and feeling blah - no good. It is a lost hour. A lost day. You don't get it back.

I am not one to make New Years resolutions. They always seem to be done and lost by the end of January. But this year, I am making an exception... In 2011 I am going to have fewer lost hours.

2011 is the year of the Mojo. Exciting times.

No comments: