Wednesday, June 01, 2016

A Start

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. There seems to be a clear path. We can remember the things we got wrong, and wonder how it would have been different. I learnt lots of lessons during my 12 hours of running on Sunday. Well, 12 and a bit. Like a one point sports game, it is tempting to think of all the little tweaks that would have changed the 'and a bit' to 'just less than'. Doing something is very different from reading about it. The learning is intense. I am spending the next two weeks in Langa, Cape Town. I am going to put some of the same intensity of that run from Pietermaritzburg to Durban into getting some Xhosa words to sink in. I will be learning alongside the same friend that tried to get me to Durban on time. Time to listen. That's a good way to start.

Start of the Comrades
Pic: +Em Gatland 

No comments: